If you have a disability which affects your mobility you may qualify for a Blue Badge.

If you are hiring a skip, the skip hire company must follow conditions and regulations and have a skip hire permit in place before delivering it to you. Apply for a skip permit

Complete this form if you plan to arrange a street party or fete where groups of residents get together.

Knowsley Council is responsible for maintaining all adopted roads and pavements across Knowsley. In this section you can find out more about how the council maintains these roads, from drainage and gully cleaning to potholes and road markings.

There are a number of fees and charges for a variety of highway items. The majority of these fees will be charged to developers, businesses and a small number are relevant for residents.

Public car parks are located in Prescot, Kirkby and Huyton town centres. Bicycle parking is also available at many shops, town centres, train stations and public buildings in Knowsley. Charges apply for all public car parks in the borough. . Find out where to park.

A Public Right of Way (PRoW) is a way over which the public have a right to pass and repass.  Rights of Way can be found in towns, villages and the countryside.  Some paths may be surfaced although most are tracks across countryside owned by landowners.

Be prepared and plan your journeys around roadworks in Knowsley.

The Flood and Water Management Act (FWMA) 2010 introduces a range of new powers, duties and responsibilities and makes Knowsley Council a Lead Local Flood Authority (LLFA).

From November to March, the council provides 24/7 highway temperature monitoring and a highway gritting delivery service for the 181.58 miles of the borough’s roads. Winter gritting routes.

Chat with us