AiM (Adoption in Merseyside) is the regional adoption agency for Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton and Wirral.

Adult Respite Services provide short breaks for adults over 18 with learning disabilities and/or physical disabilities.

Day centres and family support centres provide help for people with disabilities and health problems. They also provide support working through family difficulties.

Since April 2009, the Mental Capacity Act has provided a legal framework to ensure that people that lack capacity who are being deprived of their liberty are being done so lawfully. Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS).

Fostering is looking after a child or young person in your home when they're unable to live with their own families. Children may need temporary care because their parents are ill, have family problems or the child may be abused or neglected. Find out more about Foster for Knowsley.

A range of support is available for children with disabilities and their families. This includes short breaks and respite care, as well as family centres and activities for children.

If you receive direct support from the local authority you may have to contribue to the cost of your care, find out more here.

If you want to request support from your council please read more here about requesting a social care needs assessment.

The Government has announced adult social care charging reform is delayed until 2025. Other reforms to social care outlined in the white paper, People at the Heart of Care, are continuing.

If you want to know more about what happens during a social care needs assessment read our guide here.

The IKAN team offers advice and support to Knowsley residents over the age of 55 aimed at helping them to keep safe and well, maintain fitness and prevent falls.

Knowsley Reablement Service provides short-term care and support for those needing help to return to independent living.

The Local Offer for care leavers in Knowsley has been developed by the council, local partners and care leavers. It identifies the issues that are important to care leavers as they move away from care and move towards independence.

If you are eligible for funding from social care and / or health, you may be entitled to a personal budget and a direct payment to yourself or a nominated person on your behalf.

Private Fostering is when parents agree for a child to be cared for by someone other than themselves - or close relatives.

Sometimes you might suspect that a child is at risk of harm or neglect. In other cases, you may know of a family who could benefit from some additional support and help to look after a child better. Raise your concerns.

If you do not know the whereabouts of a child who is missing from home or local authority care, you should report this as soon as possible.

We provide residential care for children to make sure that their needs are met when they cannot live with their own family. Residential care for children.

The Stronger Families Programme aims to improve the lives of Knowsley families with multiple, high cost problems, transform local public services and reduce public costs.

Anyone who cares for a friend, neighbour or relative who is frail, disabled or mentally or physically ill, is a carer. You don’t need to live in the same house to be a carer. Support for carers.

The views of care experienced children and young people in Knowsley are represented by MADE (Making a Difference Everywhere) Together. This group represents Knowsley’s Child in Care Council.

Knowsley Council is proud to be taking part in the Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme (VPRS) and the Vulnerable Children’s Resettlement Scheme, welcoming up to 110 individuals who have been forced to flee their homes. Support for Refugees.

If you are a Knowsley resident who is deaf or hard of hearing, you could be given free equipment to support your daily life.

Knowsley's Visual Impairment Service provides a rehabilitation service to people who experience non-correctable sight loss. 

Young carers are children and young people who look after someone in their family who has an illness, a disability, or is affected by mental ill-health or substance misuse. Support for young carers.

Chat with us