Social care needs assessment

If you have a physical or mental impairment that affects your ability to live independently, you may be eligible for social care support. An assessment will be carried out to determine your needs and eligibility. Find out more here.

Paying for your care

Following your social care assessment, we will contact you to arrange a financial assessment.

The financial assessment is based on your income, savings, expenditures, and the support you are receiving. The financial assessment calculates the maximum that you can be expected to pay for support services which are provided to you.

If you have more than £23,250 in savings or other investments, you will be expected to pay the full cost of your care and support services. If you own the property that you live in, it will only be considered if you no longer live there as your main home, for example, if you move into a care home to meet your needs.

Your support will start when you need it. Your financial assessment may take place after the support begins.  You will be expected to pay from the day your support starts. Therefore, you may receive an initial bill where charges have been applied and backdated to the date your support started.

If you are having difficulty paying your bills, please tell us as soon as possible. We may be able to offer you information or advice which could prevent you getting behind with your bills or falling into debt. If you have any queries about making payment for your care please ring the Sundry Debtor Team on 0151 443 4455.

Chat with us