Alcohol and entertainment licences

The Licensing Act regulates the sale of alcohol, entertainment and late night refreshment. Find licensing applications, policy and other resources here.

The Licensing Act

The Licensing Act regulates the sale and supply of alcohol, the provision of regulated entertainment and the provision of refreshment late at night. This regime is controlled by local authorities.

Licence fees for premise licences and club registration certificates are based on the rateable value of the premises, and you can check the rateable value on the Valuation Office Agency website.

How to apply for licences relating to this act

Please find in the 'downloads' section below the relevant application forms relating to the Licensing Act.

  • Premises applications
  • Representations form (to make comments on a licensing application)
  • Public Notice of Application to Review the Premises Licence at the Kingfisher Public House
  • Children in entertainment (if you are employing children in films, TV, sport or modelling or other similar areas)

Statement of Licensing Policy

In accordance with the act we have published a Statement of Licensing Policy and all licensing decisions made by the council will have regard to this policy. You can download the policy below.

Tacit consent

Tacit consent applies to every type of application. Where tacit consent applies this means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from us by the end of the target completion period.

Current premises applications

Application form

Download your application form here

You will need Adobe Acrobat to view PDF documents, you can download it here. If you require documents in an accessible format, please contact us.

Submit your form here

Chat with us