Disabled facilities grant

If you have a disability and need to make changes to your home, bathroom, or bedroom so you can use them safely, there may be services to help pay for the changes.

About the disabled facilities grant

You may be able to get a grant from the council if you are disabled and need to make changes so that you can safely access your home, bathroom and bedroom facilities. 

These include major aids and adaptations such as

  • Widening doorways for wheelchair access
  • Steps or ramps
  • Stair lifts or through floor lifts
  • Level access walk-in showers
  • Ceiling track hoists
Chat with us