Apply for a street party road closure

This guide explains what you should consider before applying, how to apply and what happens after you apply for a street party road closure.


Organising small, private street parties and fetes is very simple and generally does not include activities that need a licence, such as selling alcohol or providing certain types of entertainment. If you want a pay bar or charge to raise money for your event, you will need a Temporary Event Notice, a type of temporary licence that costs £21. Not all roads will be suitable to close for street parties.

Roads that will be suitable will be local roads, cul-de-sacs and residential roads. If it is not possible to close your road, the council would consider a request to hold your street party in your local park.

Please note we can only close a road for a street party once a year.

Chat with us