Tell us about a change of name

Tell us about a change of name or amendment to the name on your account/bill.

Use the form below to update your Council Tax if you changed your name or identified a mistake, missing title or incomplete name on your bill. 

Supporting documents

Evidence must be uploaded with the form if you have recently been married, divorced or changed your name by deed poll. We will need to see official proof to update your council tax account. 

  • marriage certificate 
  • divorce absolute paperwork or letter from a solicitor 
  • deed poll paperwork 

You will not be able to submit the form without evidence. 


We aim to process the change within 30 days, but if we need further information from you the timescale will be longer.  

When processed all changes can be viewed online via your My Account. If you haven’t already registered for an online account, you can register here

An updated Council Tax demand notice will be issued showing the change of name. 

Tell us about a change or amendment of name here

Chat with us