Comments and complaints about a landlord

Find more information on private housing rentals. Including resources for tenant rights and responsibilities, and dealing with landlord issues.

Social housing

Knowsley Council does not own any housing. If you wish to make a comment or complaint, please contact the relevant housing association.

Livv Housing

Livv Housing Group contact

Private housing

Your landlord, or their agent, has legal responsibilities to manage your tenancy fairly and to keep your home up to a decent standard. As a private tenant you also have rights and responsibilities too.

Landlords can sign up to our Knowsley Landlord Accreditation Scheme (KLAS) to achieve and maintain high standards of accommodation across Knowsley.

Get advice

If your landlord or agent doesn't come up to the standards, get advice straight away from out resources linked below. 

Rights and responsibilities

See more about private renting rights and responsibilities, and dealing with landlord and agent problems:

Make a complaint

If you want to make a complaint about a private landlord or agent, you should get in touch with them directly.

Chat with us