Disabled Facilities Grants (DFG)
The council may be able to help you if you are disabled and need amendments to your property if you’re disabled and need to make changes to your home, for example to:
- widen doors and install ramps
- improve access to rooms and facilities - e.g. stair lifts or a downstairs bathroom provide a heating system suitable for your needs adapt heating or lighting controls to make them easier to use
To find out more, visit the Benefits and Grants for Disabled People page on our website.
Trader Approved Scheme Knowsley (TASK)
If you would like advice on getting works completed and would like advice on choosing a contractor you may wish to use the TASK. The scheme is aimed at elderly and vulnerable people and vets contactors through Trading Standards to help reduce the risks associated with rogue traders.
You have to be an older person or a vulnerable resident in Knowsley to access the free TASK service.
If you consider yourself to be eligible are eligible please call TASK on 0151 546 6680.
Care and Repair Scheme
Knowsley Council also have a Care and Repair Scheme run through Livv Housing. Care & Repair provide help and support to vulnerable people to help them remain living in their homes comfortably and safely. Contact 0151 351 8734.
Our team of multi-skilled handymen and specially trained assessors advise on and deliver a range of services to help you live independently at home including:
- General handyperson jobs including- minor plumbing and joinery; small scale painting; hanging small rail curtain poles; fitting battery smoke alarms.
- Aids and adaptations
- Advice on funding
- They can also help to source grants and loans
To find out more go to Home Care & Repairs Services | Livv Housing Group
North West Housing Services
North West Housing Services provide professional services to housing co-operatives, small housing associations, leaseholders and social enterprises.
The company was formed in 2006 by a consortium of 38 independent organisations with a collective goal to take control of their own services. It is unique, in that it is a mutual, not for-profit company which is totally owned and controlled by its customers.
The following housing co-operatives are based in Knowsley:
- Cherryfield Housing Co-operative
- Huyton Community Co-operative for the Elderly
- Knowsley Residents Housing Co-operative
- Rusland Road Housing Co-operative
- Southdene Housing Co-operative
- Springwood Housing Co-operative
- Westvale Housing Co-operative
For further information please email: [email protected].
For information and advice on grant repayments please contact Simon Rugen 0151 443 5817.