Apply for social housing

Social housing can provide you with more affordable housing if you are on a lower income. It’s normally provided by your local council or social housing landlords.

Anyone can apply for social housing but not everyone is eligible to be accepted.

If you are not sure if you qualify for social housing, Knowsley Housing Solutions Service can give you advice on whether it’s right for you, what size of home you may be eligible for and what the waiting times might be.

Demand for social housing is high so there may be significant waiting times before you receive the offer of a home.

If you are looking to rent a home in Knowsley you may also want to consider private rented accommodation.

How to apply

Social housing in Knowsley is managed by the following Registered Social Landlords (housing associations):

You can apply for social housing direct with any of these Registered Social Landlords.

Property Pool Plus

Knowsley is part of Property Pool Plus, a lettings scheme covering Knowsley, Liverpool, Wirral, Sefton and Halton which gives you more choice over where you rent your property.

You can find out more about the allocations scheme and the policy here.

Transferring to a different home

If you are already a registered social landlord tenant, you may be able to transfer to a different home with the same landlord, depending upon your circumstances.

You should call your landlord to discuss your options or we may be able to speak to your landlord on your behalf.

Housing difficulties

If you are in housing difficulty, the most important thing is to get advice as soon as possible.

If you think you are, or may be at risk of becoming homeless, you can call 0151 443 2333 to speak to the Housing Solutions Service.

Chat with us