Requesting a care assessment

If you need support to look after yourself, you will find a lot of this is available to you without needing request formal support from Knowsley Council. This support may come from your family, friends or neighbours. There is also lots going on within local communities such as lunch clubs for older people, support for people with dementia and their families, activities for young adults with learning disabilities or Autism and support for carers.

If you feel you need support you can use the Live Well Directory to see what services and support are available in your local community. Visit The Live Well website.
If your query relates to the charging reforms or the “care cap”, please visit the Social Care charging reforms page.

Social Care Support from the council

We will undertake an assessment of your care and support needs to determine if you are eligible to receive support from the council. Find out more about the social care needs assessment process.

We will also complete a financial assessment to see if you are eligible for funding from the council to meet your needs. Find out more about financial assessment.

You can request an assessment by completing the form below or by contacting our First Response team on 0151 443 2600 using option 2 then 2 again.
If this referral is about an adult at risk of abuse and neglect please complete a safeguarding referral.

If this referral is about a person under 18 please contact Childrens Social Care on 0151 443 2600

Are you filling out the form on behalf of somebody else?:*

Do you have the persons consent to make this referral?:

Details of the person filling in the form if different from above
Chat with us