Knowsley Council are working with National Enforcement Solutions Ltd issuing Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) for a variety of offences, these are:
- Smoking in a smoke free area
- Not complying with the current Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) in relation to dog control. This covers dog fouling and more information can be found here Dog control orders | Knowsley Council.
In addition to the above Knowsley Council issue FPNs for:
- Fly tipping
- Failure to comply with duty of care for household waste (residents) and business waste
- Not having the correct documentation in relation to waste storage, transfer or disposal
- Breaches of Community Protection Notices
How you can pay your FPN
All information on how you can pay is on the reverse of your FPN:
- If your FPN is 8 digits then this has been issued by Knowsley Council or it was issued by LA Support Ltd (issued before 1 September 2022) you can pay:
Online: Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council (e-paycapita.com)
or by contacting Knowsley Council’s contact centre on 0151 443 2300
- If your FPN is 9 digits then this has been issued by National Enforcement Solutions Ltd (NES) on behalf of Knowsley Council and you can pay:
Telephone: 0330 3149735
Cash: Post Office or PayZone, you will need to present the FPN which has a unique barcode.
Can you appeal your FPN?
The only way you can appeal/defend your FPN is through the Magistrates Court – details of appeals are provided when an FPN is issued. An FPN is an invitation for you to effectively discharge your liability for the offence and to avoid prosecution. In essence, this means that if you agree that an offence has been committed by you then by paying the sum of money specified there will be no further action in the form of prosecution for the offence.
If you believe the FPN was served incorrectly then you can make representations:
- For FPNs issued by Knowsley Council you can make representations either to [email protected] or by contacting the officer who issued it, you will find their details in the accompanying letter if you received one with your FPN.
- For FPNs served by National Enforcement Solutions then contact:
Email: [email protected]
By Post to: Environmental Enforcement, National Enforcement Solutions, PO Box 250, Deeside, CH59FL
Some Frequently Asked Questions can be found on National Enforcement Solution’s website