Bin collections privacy notice

Find out about bin collections privacy notice here.

Who will own my data once I submit it?

Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council

Why do you need my information?

To arrange waste or recycling collections that fall outside of our scheduled collections at your address (includes clinical waste, replacement or new bin deliveries, bulky items collections, and recovery collections if your scheduled collection was missed for any reason), and to contact you if we encounter any issues carrying out waste and recycling collections.

What allows you to use my information?

We rely on your consent to use this information for the abovementioned purposes. You have the right to withhold your consent to our use of your information in this way. If you withhold your consent to use your information, we cannot deliver the abovementioned services.

Who will my information be shared with?

We will not share your information with any third parties.

Do I have to provide this information, and what will happen if I don’t?

You do not have to provide this information to us. If you do not provide this information, we will not be able to arrange waste and recycling collections (outside of normal scheduled waste and recycling collections at your address.

How long will you keep this data, and why?

We will keep this information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes stated above. The length of time will vary depending on the particular service required, as detailed below:

  • Clinical collections: until you no longer require the service
  • Replacement/new bin deliveries: 15 days after we have delivered the replacement/new bin to your address or advised you of any reason for non-delivery
  • Bulky items collections: 48 hours after we have collected your bulky items
  • Recovery collections: 48 hours after we have recovered the missed collection

How will my information be stored?

Your information will be stored electronically on our Customer Relationship Management database (known as Confirm), and we may keep paper copies if necessary.

Will this information be used to make automated decisions about me?


Will my data be transferred abroad, and why?


What rights do I have when it comes to my data?

You have the right under the Data Protection Act 1998 (General Data Protection Regulation) to request a copy of your information, know what it is used for, and know how it has been shared. This is called the right of subject access.

To request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used, contact:

Data Protection Officer

Knowsley Council

Westmorland Road


L36 9GL

Or email:

Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?

You can complain directly to the Council’s Data Protection Team by writing to:

Data Protection Officer

Knowsley Council

Westmorland Road


L36 9GL

Or email:

You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:

The Information Commissioner's Office

Wycliffe House

Water Lane


Cheshire SK9 5AF

Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45


Chat with us