Safeguarding children

Find out how to raise concerns if a child is at risk of harm or you may know of a family who could benefit from additional support and help to better look after a child.

Children who have concerns

If you are a child who is suffering from harm, neglect or abuse or are worried that another child may be suffering, you can:

  • Talk to someone outside your family that you trust, such as a teacher, school nurse, police officer or other person in authority
  • Contact the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) Team on 0151 443 2600 and speak to someone from Social Care. A Social Worker works for the government, and their job is to help you if you need to be protected from harm
  • Contact Merseyside Police on 101 (24-hour non-emergency number). In an emergency, always dial 999. It is the Police’s job to protect you from harm and stop crimes against you or other children
  • Contact ChildLine. ChildLine is a private and confidential service for children and young people up to the age of 19. You can contact a ChildLine counsellor about anything. You can call free on 0800 1111, have a chat online or send an email.
Chat with us