Disposing of other items

Find our more about how to dispose of bulky waste, hazardous items, or clinical waste.

Large or bulky items

If you have large or bulky items that you need to dispose of, such as furniture, appliances, or mattresses, you can take them to a large item collection point. Find out more about the bulky waste collection service.

Hazardous waste

Hazardous waste, such as asbestos, fuels and oils, industrial chemicals, weed killer, and creosote, can be dangerous to dispose of incorrectly. If you have hazardous waste, you should contact the Merseyside Recycling and Waste Authority on 0151 255 1444.

If you find hazardous waste on public land in Knowsley, please call the council on 0151 443 2400.

Clinical waste

Clinical waste, such as needles, syringes, and other medical supplies, should not be disposed of in your general waste bin. If you have clinical waste, you should contact your doctor's surgery or local health centre to arrange for a collection.

Chat with us