Help with fuel

Find out about how the council can provide support with fuel for residents and how to apply.


To be considered for support under our scheme, you must:

  • Be responsible for paying the electric and/or gas bill at the property and have a pre-payment meter; and,
  • Have exhausted all other possible sources of support.

You will not be eligible for emergency support if you do not have a pre-payment meter.  

If you have a credit meter, you should contact your energy provider to check what help they can offer you.

If you have an EON smart meter, you must ring 0345 301 5955 to ask for an emergency code for top-up. 

Whether we can help you or not, we will signpost you to other support that may be available to help you put plans in place to overcome the emergency, or to try to stop it happening again.

Chat with us