Universal Credit and Housing Benefit

Most people should make a claim for Universal Credit instead of Housing Benefit. Only certain groups of people are entitled to Housing Benefit, including people of state pension age.

If you need help with your housing payments, you should apply for Universal Credit on GOV.UK.

You may be entitled to Housing Benefit if you fall into one of the following categories:

  • You are a Pensioner
  • You live in Supported Accommodation

If you are not in one of these categories, you will need to make a claim for Universal Credit to receive help with your housing costs.

Find out more about Housing Benefit on GOV.UK.

Chat with us