Search the online library catalogue 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your favourite books, videos, DVDs and games.
Enter the online library
What else can I do online?
- View, reserve and renew items on loan.
- Read eBooks online or download them onto your computer, eBook reader, tablet or smartphone.
- Use 'Find it Fast' and 'Kids Library' to locate items of interest quickly and easily.
- Not sure what to read? We provide recommended reading and best seller lists.
- Create personal reading lists based on favourite subjects, authors and activities and much more.
- Browse hundreds of archive photographs of Knowsley and view our digital collection.
Do I need to be a member to access the online library?
Anyone can use the online library to search nearly two-hundred-thousand items. However, to access the full range of services listed here, you need to be a library member and have your own PIN (Personal Identification Number) to avoid anyone else accessing your account.
Simply email email@example.com with your name, address and postcode and we will send you a membership number and pin.
If you would like full membership to access all the libraries have to offer you will also need to drop into your local branch with identification that proves your name and address
The free e-Books borrowing service offers a wide range of fiction and non-fiction titles for adults, teenagers and children. Once you have chosen a book, you can read it online anytime, anywhere with internet access. Or, you can download up to two e-Books onto your computer , tablet or smartphone. They can be renewed, but otherwise the download expires after 21 days - so e-Books never get overdue!
All you need to borrow e-Books is a library membership number and PIN. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address and postcode and we will send you your membership details or drop into your local branch.
You can browse available titles and make your selection from our online ebooks or downloadable ebooks.