School meals offer great value for money and provide your child with a nutritious, tasty meal cooked fresh every day.
School meals are:
Free school meals
If you submit a claim for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction and you are in receipt of one of the qualifying incomes listed below, we will automatically assess your entitlement to Free School Meals (FSM). This is completed at the point that we assess your entitlement to Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction. There is no need for Knowsley residents to apply separately for FSM.
School meals are free for your child or children if you receive:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- An income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit and have an annual income of £16,190 or less
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
You are not entitled to free school meals if you receive Working Tax Credit.
Apply for school meals
To apply for free school meals, complete the free school meals application form and return to any One Stop Shop.
School meals application form (Word)