AiM (Adoption in Merseyside) is the regional adoption agency for Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton and Wirral.

Adult Respite Services provide short breaks for adults over 18 with learning disabilities and/or physical disabilities.

Day centres and family support centres provide help for people with disabilities and health problems. They also provide support working through family difficulties.

Since April 2009, the Mental Capacity Act has provided a legal framework to ensure that people that lack capacity who are being deprived of their liberty are being done so lawfully. Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS).

Knowsley Council and Sefton Council are working together to ensure that consistently high quality care is being delivered to residents.

Fostering is looking after a child or young person in your home when they're unable to live with their own families. Children may need temporary care because their parents are ill, have family problems or the child may be abused or neglected. Find out more about Foster for Knowsley.

Social Services may be able to support you if you face challenges with health needs, family difficulties or problems at home. Get help from Social Services.

A range of support is available for children with disabilities and their families. This includes short breaks and respite care, as well as family centres and activities for children.

How support is given to care providers in Knowsley.

The IKAN team offers advice and support to Knowsley residents over the age of 55 aimed at helping them to keep safe and well, maintain fitness and prevent falls.

Knowsley Reablement Service provides short-term care and support for those needing help to return to independent living.

The Local Offer for care leavers in Knowsley has been developed by the council, local partners and care leavers. It identifies the issues that are important to care leavers as they move away from care and move towards independence.

If you are eligible for funding from social care and / or health, you may be entitled to a personal budget and a direct payment to yourself or a nominated person on your behalf.

Private Fostering is when parents agree for a child to be cared for by someone other than themselves - or close relatives.

Sometimes you might suspect that a child is at risk of harm or neglect. In other cases, you may know of a family who could benefit from some additional support and help to look after a child better. Raise your concerns.

If you do not know the whereabouts of a child who is missing from home or local authority care, you should report this as soon as possible.

As you get older, you may need extra care to help you to live independently in your home. A care assessment will help identify your needs and find the best way to provide care and support. There is no charge for the assessment. Request a care assessment.

We provide residential care for children to make sure that their needs are met when they cannot live with their own family. Residential care for children.

The Stronger Families Programme aims to improve the lives of Knowsley families with multiple, high cost problems, transform local public services and reduce public costs.

Anyone who cares for a friend, neighbour or relative who is frail, disabled or mentally or physically ill, is a carer. You don’t need to live in the same house to be a carer. Support for carers.

The views of care experienced children and young people in Knowsley are represented by MADE (Making a Difference Everywhere) Together. This group represents Knowsley’s Child in Care Council.

Knowsley Council is proud to be taking part in the Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme (VPRS) and the Vulnerable Children’s Resettlement Scheme, welcoming up to 110 individuals who have been forced to flee their homes. Support for Refugees.

If you are a Knowsley resident who is deaf or hard of hearing, you could be given free equipment to support your daily life.

Knowsley's Visual Impairment Service provides a rehabilitation service to people who experience non-correctable sight loss. 

Young carers are children and young people who look after someone in their family who has an illness, a disability, or is affected by mental ill-health or substance misuse. Support for young carers.

From April 2015, care and support in England is changing for the better.  The Care Act 2014 is the biggest change to adult health and social care law in over 60 years.  It will help to make the care and support system more consistent across the country.