Application forms

Who To Contact

Planning Services
PO Box 26
Yorkon Building
L36 9FB

Telephone: 0151 443 2381



The following information is displayed under each application type:

  • Application form and guidance notes
  • Fee information
  • Planning application requirements

Select the application relevant to the proposal from the list below.

To view the Planning Application Validation Checklist which applies to all Planning Applications please click here.

Householder applications

Applications for full planning permission

Applications for outline permission

Applications for reserved matters and removal or variation of conditions

relevany demolition in a conservation area (only), listed buidling consent (only) or advertisement consent

Trees and hedgerows

Proposed agricultural development

Other application types

Planning obligation templates

Miscellaneous Forms

Please note that from 1 March 2011 Knowsley Council will only deal with permitted development enquiries (Do I Need Planning Permission?) through Lawful Development Certificate applications. There are two types of Lawful Development Certificates:

This is due to high number of enquiries, limited resources and the significant issues in the interpretation of the new provisions of the householder permitted development allowances, as set out in the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (Amendment)(No.2)(England) Order 2008. This approach has been adopted as it is in all parties interests to ensure that correct advice is given in light of the issues that can arise if unauthorised development is in advertently carried out.

The benefit in gaining a Certificate of Lawful Use or Development  is that it is a determination that has legal status providing certainty to prospective developers and purchasers of land and buildings. Solicitors representing purchasers of, for example, extended dwellings, will usually require documentary evidence that extensions such as conservatories are lawful. This evidence may assist with the sale of property.

Certificates of Lawful Use or Development also provide the necessary evidence that any works being undertaken are lawful if, for example, a neighbour were to make an enquiry or complaint about the work.

You will need to complete and submit the appropriate application form, along with the correct fee and additional information which is detailed on the application forms and accompanying guidance notes.

Separate application forms are available for existing and proposed development (forms LDC1 and LDC2). If you are unsure which application form to complete please discuss with a planning officer before you submit. Copies of these application forms and guidance can be obtained by clicking on the links below.

Lawful development certificate applications

You may wish to appoint an agent to act on your behalf. This can be an architect, planner, surveyor or other professional adviser. All matters concerning your application will be addressed to them.

Fees and charges

Fees for planning applications have been reviewed by the Department for Communities and Local Government and the changes took effect from 17 January 2018.