The vision is to make Knowsley the ‘Borough of Choice’. Whilst the physical assets of the borough - its green space, leisure facilities, its infrastructure and connectivity - are of very high quality, its greatest potential asset is its people and their families.
To help deliver this vision, the council has identified three outcomes within its Corporate Plan 2017-2020:
- Listen to and collaborate with the community
- Promote an inclusive and trusting working environment
- Embed quality within all we do
Equality Act 2010
Knowsley Council is required to publish annual information that demonstrates our compliance with the Equality Duty as defined by the Equality Act 2010. This means that we have to demonstrate that in decision-making processes we have shown due regard to the need to:
- eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Act;
- advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it; and
- foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
These are sometimes referred to as the three aims or arms of the general equality duty. Having due regard for advancing equality involves:
- Removing or minimising disadvantages suffered by people due to their protected characteristics.
- Taking steps to meet the needs of people from protected groups where these are different from the needs of other people.
- Encouraging people from protected groups to participate in public life or in other activities where their participation is disproportionately low.
Armed Forces Community Covenant
Equality & Diversity Four Year Progress Report 2012 - 2016
Equality & Diversity Policy Statement 2022 - 2025
Race Equality - Declaration of Intent
Equality Communications Guidance
The Workforce Profile helps the Council meet the requirements of The Equality Act 2010, General Equality Duty to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation;
- Advance equality of opportunity; and
- Foster good relations
The Workforce Profile is a valuable resource to help monitor the workforce and provide year on year benchmarking information to assist workforce planning. The Workforce Profile also supports the Council’s Equality and Diversity Policy Statement and provides intelligence and evidence for the Workforce Development Strategy.
You will need Adobe Acrobat to view PDF documents. If you do not already have this, you can download it from the Adobe website. If you require documents in an accessible format, please contact us.