Knowsley Council is investing in infrastructure improvements in Halewood. The Council has secured significant financial contributions alongside the exciting plans to deliver a new high quality residential development of more than 1,300 new 2, 3, 4, and 5 bedroom properties – almost a quarter of which will be affordable homes.
The investment includes:
- Up to £4.6 million to create new primary school places, of which £3.7m will be invested in Plantation Primary. This will return the school to a 3-form entry and deliver 210 school places by 2025.
- Up to £4.4 million on improvements to local roads and transport links.
- Up to £1.1 million on outdoor sports.
- Up to £1.1 million on early years childcare.
- Up to £1 million on improvements to Finch Woods.
- Up to £1 million on subsidising a bus service through the site.
- Up to £104,000 on improving local healthcare.
As well as these improvements, we want to hear from you about how we can improve the local offer in Halewood.
There is an opportunity to create new shops and other town centre facilities on Leathers Lane opposite the existing Centre. As part of this the current football pitches would be improved and possibly relocated. The open space on Wood Road could be improved to house new high quality leisure facilities including improved football pitches and better connections directly to and from the district centre.
Positive conversations with the Football Club, Town Council and other local stakeholders are underway and there is interest from supermarkets. However, before moving forward with any of these proposals, we want to listen to you; Halewood residents and people who shop here, so that any new facilities will meet local needs and complement the existing shopping centre.
Have your say online until Friday 16 December 2022.