Knowsley Council's Public Access system allows members of the public to search for and view past and present Planning Applications and their decisions.
Public Access also allows anyone to view all applications submitted to the council so that they can:
- Search a list of applications validated or decided each week
- View and download copies of drawings and documents submitted with applications
- Submit comments about an application
- Monitor the progress of an application
- Check any constraints associated with a site
- View whether an appeal has been lodged and any appeal decisions
- View details of historic applications
- View property details by reference to a map
- View recent Planning Committee reports and decision notices
Please ensure that you have read the information below regarding your usage of the Public Access system before starting a search.
Start a search
The council is currently preparing a Statement of Community Involvement which will set out how the Council will engage and consult with the community on planning policies and on planning applications. It includes details about who will be involved, consulted with and how and when this will be done.
Copies of documents and plans submitted with applications after the 1 January 2007 can be viewed under the 'associated documents' tab. These will be available within five working days of validation. Decision notices will be available to view within three days of applications being determined. Copies of all the drawings and associated documents are also available for viewing at the Huyton Library, Civic Way, Knowsley, L36 9GD. To discuss making an appointment call 0151 443 2381. Please be aware you will only be seen with an appointment.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the data, some of the planning information contained within the site is at present incomplete, prior to 1 January 2007, and must not be used as a substitute for carrying out a formal Land Charge Search. This includes details of historic applications and constraints on a particular site. No responsibility will be taken for any errors or omissions in the planning information obtained from Public Access. Similarly the information contained does not constitute in any way a formal notification of a planning decision, and as such any actions taken as a result of information displayed on the site are undertaken entirely at the viewer’s own risk.
Planning application information submitted to the council is protected by the Copyright Acts (Section 47, 1988 Act). You may only use material which is downloaded or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.
Printed copies and uncontrolled electronic copies of any documents may not be at the latest revision.
1. The Public Access system is compatible with Internet Explorer (versions up to IE10) and all versions of Chrome and Firefox.
2. You may also experience problems if you have added your own pop-up block software. If this is the case, see your own documentation for enabling the above address.
We would welcome your comments about this service – how easy you find it to use and any further information you might like to see. Suggestions about its future development would be very helpful. Please email [email protected] with any comments you would like to make.