Privacy policy: School bus pass applications

Who To Contact

Data Protection Officer
Knowsley Council
Westmorland Road
L36 9GL

Who will own my data once I submit it?

Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council

Why do you need my information?

To process your application for home to school transport. 

What allows you to use my information?

  • Sections 444, 508A, 508B, 508C, 508D, 509AD and Schedule 35B of the Education Act 1996 (the Act), as inserted by Part 6 of the Education and Inspections Act 2006 (the EIA2006)
  • Regulation 5 and Part 2 of the Schedule 2 to the School Indormation (England) Regulations 2002, as amended
  • Equeality Act 2010
  • School Admissions Code
  • European Convention on Human Rights
  • The School Travel (Pupils with Dual Registration)(England) Regulations 2007
  • Public Service Vehicles (Carrying Capacity) Regulations 1984
  • Section 48 of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998

Who will my information be shared with?

  • Service areas within the Local Authority
  • The Local Government Ombudsman

Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don't?

If you do not provide the information we will not be able to process your application for home to school transport.

How long will you keep this data and why?

2 years

How will my information be stored?

All information is stored on Knowsley council secure system with restricted access.

Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?


Will my data be transferred abroad and why?


What rights do I have when it comes to my data?

You have the right under the Data Protection Act 1998 (General Data Protection Regulation) to request a copy of your information and to know what it is used for and how it has been shared. This is called the right of subject access.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you will have the following rights - read more
To request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used, please download a copy of our form and send it to:
Data Protection Officer
Knowsley Council
Westmorland Road
L36 9GL
Or email: [email protected]

Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?

You can complain directly to the Council’s Customer Liaison Team:
You can contact by emailing [email protected] or complete an online request
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details: -
The Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45

Chat with us