Privacy policy: Property Pool Plus

Who To Contact

Data Protection Officer
Knowsley Council
Westmorland Road
L36 9GL
Email: [email protected]

Who will own my data once I submit it?

The local authority for the area that you live in will own the data you submit to Property Pool Plus. For example, if you are a Knowsley Council resident, Knowsley Council will own your data.

The Partner authorities for Property Pool Plus are: -

  • Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council
  • Liverpool City Council
  • Wirral Metropolitan Borough Council
  • Halton Borough Council
  • Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council

Why do you need my information?

Providing your information allows you to sign up to the Property Pool Plus Housing Register. Your information will be used to make sure that your application is dealt with properly and that your application is banded appropriately based on your needs.

What allows you to use my information?

The Partners to Property Pool Plus are using your information so that they can assess your housing needs before you enter into a housing contract, and to provide appropriate accommodation and services based on your needs when you do enter into the contract.

The Partners to Property Pool Plus are bound by the Housing Act and other legislation to provide specific services to applicants, both within their area and from other parts of the country. This legislation allows the Partners to share relevant information to ensure that applicants are appropriately housed.

Who will my information be shared with?

Your information will be stored on a system that can be accessed by all Partners to the Property Pool Plus scheme. This includes the five local authorities listed above and all Registered Social Landlords who are partners to the scheme.
Your information will not be accessed by anyone unless they have a genuine “need to know” basis to do so. This means, unless you have applied for a property, changed your circumstances or have contacted a partner agency about progressing an application in any way, your data will not be accessed.

Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?

Submitting your information to the Property Pool Plus scheme allows you to bid on properties and be added to the Housing Register. Without signing up to this scheme and providing necessary information, you will be unable to be considered for the properties advertised.

How long will you keep this data for and why?

Your data will be kept for a minimum of seven years from closure of your application. It will be needed should there be any claims or audits after your application is closed.

How will my information be stored?

Your information will be stored on a system created by Civica which is housed on Knowsley Council’s secure network servers.

Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?

Some automated decisions may be made using your information. For example: - The number of named applicants registered to your household address will be used to assess whether you are overcrowded at your current property or whether you could be considered to be under-occupying.
This decision is taken in line with the partners’ responsibilities under the Welfare Reform Act 2012 to stop homes from being overcrowded.
If you wish to stop this process and ask for the decision to be made by a person, please contact the appropriate Data Protection Officer. You have the right to ask questions or challenge this decision.

Will my data be transferred abroad and why?


What rights do I have when it comes to my data?

You have the right under the Data Protection Act 1998 (General Data Protection Regulation) to request a copy of your information and to know what it is used for and how it has been shared. This is called the right of subject access.
To request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used, please download a copy of our form and send it to: -
Data Protection Officer
Knowsley Council
Westmorland Road
L36 9GL
Or email: [email protected]


From 25 May 2018, you are able to use your Rights under data protection law to gain more control over how your data is used. A list of these Rights, and more information about what they mean can be found at the Information Commissioner’s Office website.

Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?

You can complain directly to the Council’s Data Protection Team by writing to: -

Data Protection Officer
Knowsley Council
Westmorland Road
L36 9GL
Or email: [email protected]
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details: -

The Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45

Chat with us