Oxford Computer Consultants is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and security. Whenever you provide us with your personal information via our website “Site(s)”, we will treat that information in accordance with this policy, our terms and conditions and current UK Data Protection legislation. By using this website in accordance with your contractual obligations to Knowsley MBC, you agree to be bound by this policy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. This policy may change from time to time, so please check this page periodically.
Oxford Computer Consultants
OCC is the Data Processor for data submitted via the Provider Portal website. Oxford Computer Consultants (OCC) is a company limited by guarantee (number 3521204). The registered address is 23-38 Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford OX1 2EP.
The Data Controller is Knowsley MBC, which retains ownership of all data submitted via the Provider Portal website. Please direct any queries regarding your personal information to Knowsley MBC’s data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your privacy is important to OCC and we are committed to respecting information about you. We comply with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR), the legal basis for our processing of your data is the contract between you (the data subject) and Knowsley MBC (the data controller), whereby the processing of your data is necessary for the performance of this contract.
The GDPR provides you (the data subject) with the following rights regarding your personal data:
- You have the right to access any personal data which we hold on you, including details of what information is stored, to which (if any) recipients data has been disclosed and how long the data will be retained. We will provide access to your information as soon as is reasonably possible within one month of the request. Access is free of charge, though we may charge an administration fee for any further copies requested of the same data. Please contact Knowsley MBC to request access at email@example.com
- You have the right to rectification of your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete; if this data has been disclosed to a third party, we will inform them of the rectification wherever possible. Please contact Knowsley MBC to request rectification at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to data portability, whereby you can obtain a copy of your personal data and reuse it in a different IT environment. We will provide this data in an open, machine-readable format (e.g. CSV) within one month of your request. Please contact Knowsley MBC to request a copy of your data at email@example.com
- You have the right to complain to a supervisory body if you are dissatisfied with the way in which your data has been handled. The appropriate body in this case would be the Information Commissioner’s Office.
What personal information is collected from you?
When you visit the site, we collect the following information: execution times and error messages. Website users remain anonymous as none of the data collected is linked to any personal information.
Purposes of data processing
We may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Enabling access to the Provider Portal web interface to allow social care providers to log in and exchange information with Knowsley MBC.
- Identifying and repairing problems with the Provider Portal website.
Who has access to your information?
Any details you provide will only available to authorised users within Knowsley MBC and will be held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and Data Protection Act 2018. Knowsley MBC is the sole owner of all information collected on this Site. We will not sell, share, or rent your information to third parties, unless we have your explicit permission to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of preventing fraud or other crime.
Data retention policy
Two cookies (small text files that are stored on your computer by your browser) are required for the operation of this site – they are described below. No personal information is stored in the cookies that are created by this site.
Managing your current visit:
- Name: ASP.NET_SessionId
- Purpose: Stores a session ID to allow the site to recognise requests from your browser so that, for example, the choices you make on one page are remembered on the next.
- Data stored by cookie: A generated session identifier.
- Duration of cookie: Expires at the end of the session (when you close your browser).
- More information: Without this cookie, much of the website’s functionality would be impaired, such as searching, filtering results and navigation.
Logging in to the secure area:
- Name: validPSuser
- Purpose: Records that you have successfully logged in with your Provider Portal account and are allowed to access the secure area.
- Data stored by cookie: An encrypted authentication key.
- Duration of cookie: Expires at the end of the session (when you close your browser) or when you log out.
- More information: Without this cookie you would not be able to log in to the website.
Removing and disabling cookies
If you do not wish to accept cookies on to your machine you can disable them by adjusting the settings on your browser. However, this will affect the functionality of the Provider Portal and other websites you may visit. To find out more about how to delete and disable cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
All sensitive transactions on the ContrOCC Provider Portal are performed using the HTTPS protocol, which encrypts the data passing between your browser and the ContrOCC Provider Portal server. The identity of the server is guaranteed by a trusted certificate identifying the site to your browser.
The ContrOCC Provider Portal website should function with any recent browser. To better protect your security when using the internet, we recommend that you upgrade your browser to the latest version available and check regularly for security updates.
Whilst we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, the internet is not completely secure and as such Oxford Computer Consultants cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
If you have any queries or concerns relating to your personal information or you wish to access, correct or delete any of your personal data held by us, please contact Knowsley MBC by email at firstname.lastname@example.org