Knowsley Council will use the personal data it collects (including the vehicle registration) to issue and process this Penalty Charge Notice.
The council may also use the information to contact the DVLA to obtain the name and address of the registered keeper to enforce this Penalty Charge Notice. The Traffic Management Act 2004 (Part 6) requires the council to process the information for this purpose.
The personal information will be used by:
- The council’s parking and traffic enforcement teams,
- APCOA Parking (UK) Limited the parking enforcement contractors,
- Other third parties for dealing with appeals or associated debt recovery.
- The police or security organisations to prevent or detect crime.
The council will store the information on a secure, fully encrypted, password protected system.
The personal information will remain within the European Economic Area and be retained for as long as the council deems necessary to process this and any future Penalty Charge Notices. The information will not be used to take automated decisions about you.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights with regards to your personal data: -
- The right to subject access – you have the right to see a copy of the personal data that the Council holds about you and find out what it is used for
- The right to rectification – you have the right to ask the Council to correct or remove any inaccurate data that we hold about you
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten) you have the right to ask the Council to remove data that we hold about you
- The right to restriction – you have the right to ask for your information to be restricted (locked down) on council systems
- The right to data portability – you have the right to ask for your data to be transferred back to you or to a new provider at your request
- The right to object – you have the right to ask the council to stop using your personal data or to stop sending you marketing information, or complain about how your data is used
- The right to prevent automated decision making – you have the right to ask the Council to stop using your data to make automated decisions about you or to stop profiling your behaviour. (where applicable)
To find out more about your rights under the GDPR, please visit the Information Commissioner’s website.
To request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used, contact:-
Data Protection Officer
Or email: [email protected]
Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?
You can complain directly to the Council’s Data Protection Team at the address above.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details: -
The Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45