Privacy policy: Pause Project – Adult and Children Social Care

Who will own my data once I submit it?

Knowsley Council will use existing Childrens Social Care data to identify eligible women and share the data with the Pause Programme for the Liverpool City Region.  The Pause Programme privacy notice is available on

Why do you need my information?

Pause is working across the Liverpool City Region with women who have experienced, or are at risk of, repeated pregnancies that result in children needing to be removed from their care. This work aims to break this cycle and give women the opportunity to pause and take control of their lives. To do this, Pause undertook a scoping exercise with Knowsley Council to understand which women have repeatedly had children removed from their care. This scoping exercise involved gathering and sharing pseudonymised data about the eligible women and their children. This data was shared with Pause for analysis purposes.

The project is now moving into the delivery phase and Knowsley Council will share identifiable information about the eligible women and limited pseudonymised data about their children to enable Pause to prioritise a target group of women to work with. The Pause team will contact the women with information about the programme and participation is voluntary.

What allows you to use my information?

The legal basis for sharing this data and information is:

  • Section 10 of the Children’s Act 2004.
  • Section 2 (5) of the Local Government Act 2000 in order to ‘better assist children who have or are likely to become looked after children and is done on the basis of improving effective service delivery’.
  • Article 9 (1)(h) of the GDPR Health or social care and Data Protection Act 2018, Schedule 1, Part 1 (2) Health and Social Care and Part 2 (18) Safeguarding of children and individuals at risk.

Who will my information be shared with?

Pause will be provided with information about women who could take part in the programme (and limited information about their children that have been removed). Pause will contact eligible women and find out if they want to take part in the programme. Participation is voluntary.
Pause will provide Knowsley Council with anonymised reports on the progress of the work. 

Personal information will only be shared with Knowsley Council if it lawful to do so, for example reporting serious incidents or safeguarding concerns.

How long will you keep this data for and why?

Any personal data collected by Pause and shared with Knowsley Council will be retained in line with existing Social Care retention policies, depending on the nature of the data and the reason for sharing.   

How will my information be stored?

The information will be stored securely on Knowsley Council and Pause IT systems. 

Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?

No the information will not be used to take automated decisions.

Will my data be transferred abroad and why?

Data will only be stored and processed within the UK.

What rights do I have when it comes to my data?

You have the right under data protection legislation to request a copy of your information and to know what it is used for and how it has been shared. This is called the right of subject access. In addition you have the right to the following:

  • to have your information corrected if there are inaccuracies or if the information is incomplete
  • to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances in accordance with applicable law
  • in some instances, to object to your personal information being used at all due to special grounds relating to your particular situation - however, there may be compelling reasons why we may need to continue using your information even in these circumstances
  • to be told if your personal information is lost and if, as a result, your privacy and rights may be at risk.

To request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used, please download a copy of our form from the council's website and send it to: -

Data Protection Officer
Knowsley Council
Municipal Building
Archway Road
L36 9YU

Or email: [email protected]

Who can I complain to If I am unhappy about how my data Is used?

You can complain directly to the Council’s Data Protection Team by writing to: -
Data Protection Officer
Knowsley Council
Municipal Building
Archway Road
L36 9YU

Or email: [email protected]

You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details: -
The Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45

Chat with us