Who will own my data once I submit it?
Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council
Invest Knowsley Team
Why do you need my information?
The Invest Knowsley team will use your information to respond to your enquiry submitted via the website. Your name and email will be used for usual business interaction/communication purposes between the Invest Knowsley team and you. Your details will not be added to any marketing database unless you are explicitly asked and agree for your details to be used in this way.
What allows you to use my information?
We use this information in the legitimate interests of the council.
Who will my information be shared with?
Your information will not be shared with any external organisation. Your details will be shared with appropriate council employees within the Invest Knowsley Team to allow an appropriate and timely response to your enquiry.
Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?
You do not have to provide this information. However, the Invest Knowsley team will not be able to respond to your enquiry if you do not supply these details.
How long will you keep this data for and why?
How will my information be stored?
Your information will be stored electronically on the Council’s secure network.
Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?
Will my data be transferred abroad and why?
What rights do I have when it comes to my data?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights with regards to your personal data: -
- The right to subject access – you have the right to see a copy of the personal data that the council holds about you and find out what it is used for
- The right to rectification – you have the right to ask the council to correct or remove any inaccurate data that we hold about you
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten) you have the right to ask the Council to remove data that we hold about you
- The right to restriction – you have the right to ask for your information to be restricted (locked down) on council systems
- The right to data portability – you have the right to ask for your data to be transferred back to you or to a new provider at your request
- The right to object – you have the right to ask the council to stop using your personal data or to stop sending you marketing information, or complain about how your data is used
- The right to prevent automated decision making – you have the right to ask the council to stop using your data to make automated decisions about you or to stop profiling your behaviour. (where applicable)
To find out more about your rights under the GDPR, please visit the Information Commissioner’s website.
To request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used, contact:-
Data Protection Officer
Or email: [email protected]
Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?
You can complain directly to the Council’s Data Protection Team by writing to: -
Data Protection Officer
Or via the Have Your Say website.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details: -
The Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45