Who will own my data once I submit it?
Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council.
Why do you need my information?
The information you provide will be used to allow Home Care Link to deliver an emergency response service.
What allows you to use my information?
Knowsley Council must have your consent before sharing your information with Home Care Link.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Who will my information be shared with?
If you consent your information will be shared with Home Care Link. Home Care Link will then contact you to discuss your requirements.
Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?
No you do not have to consent to sharing your information.
If you choose not to consent Knowsley Council will be unable to deliver the emergency response service through Home Care Link.
How long will you keep this data for and why?
If you consent we will keep your data for the duration of your contract with Home Care Link.
How will my information be stored?
Knowsley Council and Home Care Link will ensure information is kept and shared safely and securely, with appropriate safeguards in place to ensure only individuals with a legitimate right have access to it, preventing accidental or deliberate unauthorised access.
Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?
We do not engage in automated decision making using your personal data.
Will my data be transferred abroad and why?
Your data will not be transferred abroad.
What rights do I have when it comes to my data?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights with regards to your personal data: -
- The right to subject access – you have the right to see a copy of the personal data that the council holds about you and find out what it is used for
- The right to rectification – you have the right to ask the Council to correct or remove any inaccurate data that we hold about you
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten) you have the right to ask the Council to remove data that we hold about you
- The right to restriction – you have the right to ask for your information to be restricted (locked down) on council systems
- The right to data portability – you have the right to ask for your data to be transferred back to you or to a new provider at your request
- The right to object – you have the right to ask the council to stop using your personal data or to stop sending you marketing information, or complain about how your data is used
- The right to prevent automated decision making – you have the right to ask the council to stop using your data to make automated decisions about you or to stop profiling your behaviour (where applicable)
To find out more about your rights under the GDPR, please visit the Information Commissioner’s website.
To request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used, contact:-
Data Protection Officer
Or email: [email protected]
Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?
You can complain directly to the Council’s Data Protection Team by writing to: -
Data Protection Officer
Or via the Have Your Say website.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details: -
The Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45