Who will own my data once I submit it?
Knowsley Borough Council
Why do you need my information?
The information collected will be used in case notes to assist Social Workers in their assessments in relation to the family.
These case notes may be used to produce reports for meetings or Court Reports.
What allows you to use my information?
Under the Children’s Act we are able to collect your information to ensure the safeguarding and welfare of your child / children.
Who will my information be shared with?
CSC Department, Health, Education, Police and any other agency deemed necessary.
How long will you keep this data for and why?
In line with council policy, information will be stored for 75 years and will then be securely destroyed.
How will my information be stored?
Information will be stored electronically on the Council’s CSC secure IT system.
Will this information be used to take decisions about me?
Information collected will be used to assist the child / children’s Social Worker in completing reports and assessments. These reports / assessments may be used as part of any Court Proceedings.
Will my data be transferred abroad and why?
What rights do I have when It comes to my data?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights with regards to your personal data: -
- The right to subject access – you have the right to see a copy of the personal data that the council holds about you and find out what it is used for
- The right to rectification – you have the right to ask the council to correct or remove any inaccurate data that we hold about you.
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten) you have the right to ask the council to remove data that we hold about you
- The right to restriction – you have the right to ask for your information to be restricted (locked down) on council systems
- The right to data portability – you have the right to ask for your data to be transferred back to you or to a new provider at your request
- The right to object – you have the right to ask the council to stop using your personal data or to stop sending you marketing information, or complain about how your data is used
- The right to prevent automated decision making – you have the right to ask the Council to stop using your data to make automated decisions about you or to stop profiling your behaviour (where applicable)
To find out more about your rights under the GDPR, please visit the Information Commissioner’s website.
To request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used, contact:-
Data Protection Officer
Or email: Inforights@knowsley.gov.uk
Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?
You can complain directly to the Council’s Data Protection Team by writing to: -
Data Protection Officer
Or via the Have Your Say website.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details: -
The Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45