Who will own my data once I submit it?
Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council
Why do you need my information?
We need your information to:
- Administer the Cemeteries Service, which includes the purchase/transfer of EROBs, memorial applications, and general and cemetery maintenance enquiries
- Send you relevant information regarding your enquiry
- Provide you with the cemeteries related services that you are requesting, examples include: processing EROB purchases and transfers and memorial applications
What allows you to use my information?
- Where it is in the public interest to do so, for example, to ensure the safe management of our cemeteries as public open spaces
- In order to comply with a legal obligation, for example, obligations placed on us in accordance with the applicable health and safety and burial legislation
- Where it is in the legitimate interest of Knowsley Borough Council
Who will my information be shared with?
- We will not share your information outside of KMBC (including with KMBC Tax & Benefits) without your prior permission when we rely on consent as the legal ground for processing, unless a lawful request is made (such as Police, Ministry of Justice etc).
Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?
Unless you provide all necessary information we request we will not be able to process your application or request.
How long will you keep this data for and why?
Personal Data relating to Exclusive Right of Burials, memorials and internments will be held indefinitely in accordance with Burial Law. Personal Data relating to general enquires will be retained for 36 months after the matter has been concluded.
How will my information be stored?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We take every precaution to ensure data is safe and secure, however we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?
Will my data be transferred abroad and why?
What rights do I have when it comes to my data?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights with regards to your personal data: -
- The right to subject access – you have the right to see a copy of the personal data that the council holds about you and find out what it is used for
- The right to rectification – you have the right to ask the council to correct or remove any inaccurate data that we hold about you
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten) you have the right to ask the council to remove data that we hold about you
- The right to restriction – you have the right to ask for your information to be restricted (locked down) on council systems
- The right to data portability – you have the right to ask for your data to be transferred back to you or to a new provider at your request
- The right to object – you have the right to ask the council to stop using your personal data
- The right to prevent automated decision making – you have the right to ask the council to stop using your data to make automated decisions about you or to stop profiling your behaviour (where applicable)
To find out more about your rights under the GDPR, please visit the Information Commissioner’s website.
To request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used, contact:-
Data Protection Officer
Or email: [email protected]
Who can I complain to If I am unhappy about how my data is used?
You can complain directly to the Council’s Data Protection Team by writing to: -
Data Protection Officer
Or via the Have Your Say website.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details: -
The Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45