Who will own my data once I submit it?
Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council (KMBC)
Why do you need my information?
Contact information and ownership/lease information regarding to Assets/property of KMBC.
- Rent and Service charge management
- Lease management
- Valuations and rent reviews
- Acquisitions and disposal of land
- Project management of capital works
- Reactive Maintenance
- Planned maintenance
- Facilities management
- Statutory compliance
What allows you to use my information?
Individual’s consent this is granted/required as part of entering into an agreement to buy/occupy or carry out business in relation to property assets with KMBC.
Who will my information be shared with?
The council’s Assets, Legal, Finance and Audit departments.
Your information may be shared with contractors that the council employs to carry out work to property assets.
Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?
Individual’s consent is required as part of entering into an agreement to buy/occupy or carry out business in relation to property assets with KMBC.
Withdrawing consent would mean that the council has to halt any services provided on the basis of this consent.
How long will you keep this data for and why?
As long as required to facilitate each agreement to buy/occupy or carry out business in relation to property assets with KMBC. This may be up to seven years.
How will my information be stored?
All information will be stored electronically within KMBC asset management IT system.
Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?
Will my data be transferred abroad and why?
What rights do I have when it comes to my data?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights with regards to your personal data: -
- The right to subject access – you have the right to see a copy of the personal data that the council holds about you and find out what it is used for
- The right to rectification – you have the right to ask the council to correct or remove any inaccurate data that we hold about you
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten) you have the right to ask the council to remove data that we hold about you
- The right to restriction – you have the right to ask for your information to be restricted (locked down) on council systems
- The right to data portability – you have the right to ask for your data to be transferred back to you or to a new provider at your request
- The right to object – you have the right to ask the council to stop using your personal data or to stop sending you marketing information, or complain about how your data is used
- The right to prevent automated decision making – you have the right to ask the Council to stop using your data to make automated decisions about you or to stop profiling your behaviour. (where applicable)
To find out more about your rights under the GDPR, please visit the Information Commissioner’s website.
To request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used, contact:-
Data Protection Officer
Or email: Inforights@knowsley.gov.uk
Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?
You can complain directly to the council’s Data Protection Team by writing to: -
Data Protection Officer
Or via the Have Your Say website.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details: -
The Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45