Who will own my data once I submit it?
By entering into an allotment tenancy agreement with Knowsley Borough Council you have provided us with your personal data. Knowsley Borough Council is the “data controller” of this information.
Why do you need my information?
- To allow us to communicate with you
- To meet any legal requirements the council is subject to
- To ensure that the rules and regulations governing the tenancy agreement that you have entered into with Knowsley Borough Council are adhered to
What allows you to use my information?
Your completion of your personal data on the tenancy agreement document and the payment of the due fees, allows us to use it in the legitimate interests of Knowsley Borough Council. If you deem to give your consent for the council to use your information in the ways mentioned above you always have the right to withdraw that consent at any time
Who will my information be shared with?
We only share personal data where the law specifically allows it or we have a legal obligation (e.g. a court order) to do so. When we share your personal data, we will always do so in line with data protection legislation.
Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?
You need to provide personal information in order to enter into a new annual tenancy agreement with Knowsley Borough Council. If you do not provide this personal information then the council will not be able to renew your current tenancy agreement or enter into a new agreement with with new tenant.
How long will you keep this data for and why?
Your personal data will be kept in accordance with GDPR – Personal data shall be kept by the Environmental Sustainability Services (ESS) at Knowsley Council for no longer than two years. It will be stored securely and protected from loss and unauthorised access. The information you provide will be held by Knowsley Council in accordance with their retention policy and schedule.
How will my information be stored?
Your personal data will be stored on the council’s secure network and will only be accessed by staff that needs to see this information.
Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?
Will my data be transferred abroad?
What rights do I have when it comes to my data?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights with regards to your personal data: -
- The right to subject access – you have the right to see a copy of the personal data that the council holds about you and find out what it is used for
- The right to rectification – you have the right to ask the council to correct or remove any inaccurate data that we hold about you
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten) you have the right to ask the council to remove data that we hold about you
- The right to restriction – you have the right to ask for your information to be restricted (locked down) on council systems
- The right to data portability – you have the right to ask for your data to be transferred back to you or to a new provider at your request
- The right to object – you have the right to ask the council to stop using your personal data or to stop sending you marketing information, or complain about how your data is used
- The right to prevent automated decision making – you have the right to ask the council to stop using your data to make automated decisions about you or to stop profiling your behaviour (where applicable)
To find out more about your rights under the GDPR, please visit the Information Commissioner’s website.
To request a copy of your data or ask questions about how it is used, contact:-
Data Protection Officer
Or email: Inforights@knowsley.gov.uk
Who can I complain to if I am unhappy about how my data is used?
You can complain directly to the Council’s Data Protection Team by writing to: -
Data Protection Officer
Or via the Have Your Say website.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details: -
The Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45