Join a Knowsley library to borrow books, eBooks and eAudiobooks, DVDs and audio books and use computers and the internet.
Knowsley libraries also provide:
- Extensive resources for researching local and family history.
- Children’s libraries with a wide variety of items just for young people, as well as homework support and holiday and school activities.
- Learning opportunities and courses.
- Reading groups, author visits, talks and events and other opportunities to develop your interest in reading.
- Regular activity and craft clubs, community drop-in sessions and many other activities to help promote an active, healthy lifestyle.
- An online library to search and reserve items.
- A home delivery service for those with mobility problems.
- Printing, photocopying and scanning facilities.
- Knowsley has five libraries, located in Huyton, Halewood, Kirkby, Prescot and Stockbridge Village.
Benefits of being a member and how to join
Library members can:
- Borrow up to 10 books, eBooks, eAudiobooks, talking books from any Knowsley library for up-to three weeks.
- Reserve books that aren’t in stock.
- Return books to any Knowsley library.
For more information about how to join, please visit the Join Your Library website.
Join online to borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks
The free eBooks and eAudiobooks borrowing service offers a wide range of titles, which you can read online or download onto your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can borrow a total of 10 downloadable eBooks/ eAudiobooks for up to 21 days, after which they automatically expire, unless you renew them.
To start borrowing eTitles all you need is a library membership number and PIN. Simply email [email protected] with your name, address and postcode and we will send you your membership details or drop into your local branch and join.
- Reservations are no longer charged, neither are requested items from other local authorities' libraries.
- Fines (for overdue books) are no longer charged.
- Replacement library cards cost 75p for adults (£1.10 for further loss) and 40p for children (55p for further loss).
If you lose a book or spoken word you will be charged for the full price cost if it is up to two years old. If older than two years, a sliding scale charge will apply.
Charges apply for printing and photocopying.
- Black and white photocopying (A3/A4) is charged at 12p a sheet.
- Black and white printing (A4) is charged at 12p per sheet.