Knowsley Family Information Service (FIS) is a free and impartial service for families, including those families who have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
The Knowsley Family Information Service (FIS) website can help you or someone you know get in touch with the right service at the right time.
What services are available through the FIS website?
Early Help is all about taking steps to stop small problems becoming bigger problems for children, young people and their families. Through the website you can:
- Find out more information about the Early Help Assessment Framework.
- Get contact details for the Early Help Team.
- Access Parenting and Family Support services.
- Get help if you have problems with crime or anti-social behaviour.
- Get help if you have problems with debt or general problems with your finances.
- Find the right health and wellbeing services for you.
- Get help with homelessness or housing worries.
- Find leisure activities.
- Get help from practitioners.
Childcare and Early Education
Childcare and Early Education information on the website can help you:
- Find out information from the Knowsley Childcare Information Service.
- Get more information about the Childcare Brokerage Service for Parents with a Disabled Child.
- Find childcare in Knowsley - including free childcare for 2-year-olds and free childcare for children aged 3 or 4.
- Find out information about tax-free childcare for children under the age of 12.
- Find out more information about childcare choices, there is lots of information for parents.
- Find out information written for childcare providers and those interested in becoming childminders.
- Read childcare guides, including information about Coram Family and Childcare.
Knowsley Local Offer (SEND)
Knowsley Local Offer (SEND) section of the website contains:
- Education Psychology information
- Information and advice about the Local Offer
- The Local Offer for Early Years (0-4 year olds), for school age children (4-16 year olds) and for those becoming adults (16-25 year olds)
- Specific information about funding, travel and housing accommodation - including information about Blue Badges.
- Newsletters and news about any SEN services you need.
- Play, leisure and short breaks
- Knowsley Voluntary Children & Young People’s RECORD
Knowsley Early Years Service
Knowsley Early Years Service website has latest update from the service.
The services delivered in each centre will depend on the unique characteristics of the local area.
The centres are:
- The Pride Centre, Eden Centre and The Star Centre all in Kirkby.
- Hilltop Centre and Jubilee Centre in Huyton.
- Stockbridge Village
- Southmead Centre, Whiston
- New Hutte Children and Families Hub, Halewood
All offer support to parents, carers and families to give your children the best possible start.
For further information about the Service, including how to register:
You can also use the website to get advice and information specifically for young people, education, employment and learning, health, wellbeing and care, play and leisure.
For further assistance please contact the Knowsley Early Years Childcare & Family Information Service on 0151 443 5633 Option 4
or email [email protected]