Council tax reductions, discounts and exemptions
Depending on your circumstances, you may be entitled to a council tax reduction or other discounts and exemptions.
Manage your payments online
View your council tax bill, payments and benefits online.
How to pay your council tax
You can pay your council tax in several ways:
- Pay online
- Set up a Direct Debit request
- Pay in person at any One Stop Shop by cash, cheque or card (One Stop Shops are currently closed due to Covid-19)
- Call the Council Tax payment line listed on our Customer Services page.
- At any shop displaying the Paypoint symbol
- By cheque and postal order to: The Executive Director (Resources), Municipal Buildings, Archway Road, Huyton, L36 9YU. Cross cheques and postal orders and make them payable to ‘Metropolitan Borough of Knowsley’. Please quote your council tax account number on the back of your cheque or postal order.
- Set up a standing order. Our bank account details are: Sort code: 20-51-02, Account number: 73951685. Quote your council tax number, including the ‘CT’ prefix.
You must be the account holder to set up any of these payment methods.
Advice if you can't pay your council tax
Click here for more information.
Leaflets and guides
We have produced a number of advice leaflets. If you prefer to read them in hard copy, please contact us.