Residential care for children

Who To Contact

Children's Residential Service

Telephone: 0151 443 4086



We provide residential care for children to make sure that their needs are met when they cannot live with their own family.

Residential care isn’t just about giving children food and shelter, but helping them to develop and grow in a safe environment, no matter what their needs.


There are three units in Knowsley area – two in Huyton and one in Kirkby. The houses accommodate young people aged 11 to 16 years who, for a period of time, cannot stay with their natural or an alternative family. One of the home provisions specialises in caring for children and young people on a short term basis until they return to their home and or have a period of needs led assessment. All of the homes are subject to Ofsted inspections and in 2016 were all graded as ‘Good’.

Accessing the service

We provide this service for children and young people who have been assessed as needing residential accommodation, following a social workers assessment. The assessment is carried out with the young person and social worker.

For further information about this service, please contact us.