Requesting a care assessment

If you need support to look after yourself, you will find a lot of this is available to you without needing request formal support from Knowsley Council. This support may come from your family, friends or neighbours. There is also lots going on within local communities such as lunch clubs for older people, support for people with dementia and their families, activities for young adults with learning disabilities or Autism and support for carers.

If you feel you need support you can use the Live Well Directory to see what services and support are available in your local community.  You can access the Live Well Directory here.

If your query relates to the charging reforms or the “care cap” please click here.

Social Care Support from the Council

We will undertake an assessment of your care and support needs to determine if you are eligible to receive support from the Council. Find out more about the social care needs assessment process here.

We will also complete a financial assessment to see if you are eligible for funding from the council to meet your needs.  Find out more about financial assessment here.

You can request an assessment by completing the form here or by contacting our First Response team on 0151 443 2600.