Details of the Local Plan documents currently being consulted on by Knowsley Council are listed below.
We are currently consulting on the following documents:
Consultation on Knowsley’s Draft Statement of Community Involvement
The draft Statement of Community Involvement verifies who the Council will consult during the preparation of the Council’s policy documents, like local plans and supplementary planning documents; in decisions on individual planning applications; and in support for neighbourhood planning proposals prepared by the local community. The Statement also confirms the different communication methods to be used, including the Council’s website, email, social media, site notices, letters and press notices. The Council has prepared the new Statement of Community Involvement, to replace that adopted in 2017.
We are carrying out six weeks of public consultation on the draft Statement of Community Involvement, running from 9am on Monday 14 November until 5pm on Friday 23 December 2022.
Please see documents relating to the consultation below:
Consultation on Knowsley’s Draft Shopfront and Signage Design Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
The draft Shopfront and Signage Design SPD has been prepared by Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council to support and provide additional guidance for the national and local planning policies such as the Local Plan that relate to design of and alteration to shopfronts and signage. This SPD complements the Design Quality in New Development SPD which provides the overarching design guidance for Knowsley and applies to all new development affecting shopfronts and associated signage within the Borough including changes of use.
We are carrying out six weeks of public consultation on the draft SPD, running from 9am on Monday 14 of November until 5pm on Friday 23 of December 2022.
Please see documents relating to the consultation below.
If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the Local Plan Team by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0151 443 2326.
Local Plan Consultation Database
‘New data protection rules (the General Data Protection Regulation) came into force on Friday 25 May 2018. In order for us to remain compliant with the new data protection regulations it is now necessary to gain your consent to store your personal information, and to specify for what purposes your information will be used. We are required by the regulations to make you aware of the following:
- Your personal details will be held on our database for the purposes of informing you when there is an update to Knowsley’s planning policy documents. Please note this does not include updates to Planning Applications, this is a separate function and you must contact Development Management directly for this.
- Your information will only be used by the Council for this purpose and will not be shared with third parties.
- You can unsubscribe from the Local Plan Consultation database at any time by contacting the Local Plan team, either by;
- Email: email@example.com (please put ‘unsubscribe’ as the subject line).
- Telephone: 0151 443 2326.
- Post: Planning Policy, Knowsley Council, Huyton Library, Civic Way, Huyton, Merseyside, L36 9GD (postage required).
By requesting to be included on our database, you are registering your consent to 'opt-in' to receive communication from us. We will keep a record of how and when we obtained your consent, and this will be stored alongside your personal details.
If you would like to be added to our current database and wish to be informed of future Knowsley planning policy updates, you can register your details by contacting us at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0151 443 2326
- Post: Planning Policy, Knowsley Council, Huyton Library, Civic Way, Huyton, Merseyside, L36 9GD (postage required)’