Apply for it

Set up a direct debit for residential council tax

Use the online calculator to check if you are eligible for council tax reduction

If you are a Universal Credit claimant, apply here for Council Tax Reduction. Please note, your Universal Credit claim is not a claim for Council Tax Reduction and it must be claimed separately.

Why not visit our council tax information section to find out more about council tax in Knowsley?

Log in to your Online Services account to apply for Sole Occupier Discount if you live alone. No Online Services account? Complete this form to apply for a Sole Occupier Discount.

No longer eligible for Sole Occupier Discount because another adult is now living in your home? Cancel your Sole Occupier Discount online. No Online Services account? Complete this form to cancel your Sole Occupier Discount.
If this person has moved from a Knowsley address to your home, they will also need to notify us of their change of circumstances

Is your child approaching their 2nd birthday?

They may be eligible for a free part-time place in a high quality childcare setting.

Find out if your child is eligible for Free School Meals.

Apply for an entrance/vehicular marking - you can also use this page to report road and highway issues.

If you are claiming housing benefit, or receive housing costs in Universal Credit and you need more help you can apply for a discretionary housing payment.
It is intended as short term help only, to give you the chance to sort out your debts; negotiate a lower rent with your landlord, or to find a cheaper suitable alternative accommodation.

The quickest way to do this is to register for online services or log into your Online Services account. You must have a council tax account number, or a housing benefit/council tax reduction claim reference number to register your application via our customer portal.

Alternatively, if you cannot register for online services, you can complete the online application here.

Use this section to find information, documents and forms needed to apply for a licence

Groups and organisations working with young people in the borough are invited to apply for a grant of up to £5,000 to support their work.

Once you have identified you need planning permission, you can submit your application online via the National Planning Portal

Chat with us