John Mason International (JMI) is one of the UK’s leading International Moving Companies. Established in 1884, we have over 137 years of experience in moving individuals and families around the world. Our customers are migrants and expatriates embarking on a new life abroad or moving to the UK. We focus only on international moving, with our top destinations being Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and USA. This is an exciting time for our customers who are looking to making a new start for themselves around the world.
As an Sales Consultant Apprentice for JMI, you will be based in our office in Huyton.You will be speaking to our prospective customers and will often be the first touch point. You will discuss their requirements and provide them with a quote and follow up to close the sale before handing it over to a colleague to manage the move. You will be based in our small but busy Exports department and often dealing with between 20 to 60 leads a day.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- To achieve maximum potential from sales leads
- Respond to all online and email enquiries in set response time and enter onto system
- Take inbound telephone enquiries and enter onto the CRM system (Moveware).
- Establish move requirements and volume through customer centric questioning
- Book appointments for surveyors to verify volumes.
- Book clients removals dates/service and then pass onto operations team
- Maintain an effective system of follow up in accordance with company procedures
- Monitor standards of service to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Ensure all lead information/data is entered correctly into system
- Ensure that all agent contact is handled professionally and relationships are protected at all times
- To ensure contact with overseas agents should be precise and positive with any potentially serious problems brought to the attention the manager immediately.
- Admin support department to ensure smooth running of the department
Key skills to be successful in your application:
- Qualifications required/predicted ideally GSCE Grade 4/C or above or willing to work towards in Maths and English
- Confident telephone skills
- Team player
- Highly motivated
Location: This is an office based role in our office in Huyton, Liverpool. Our office is ‘Covid-19 Secure’ and provide employees with the option of weekly covid testing.
Contracted hours: Monday – Friday 9am - 5pm / One week day to study
Hourly rate of pay: National Minimum Wage
Closing date: 12 July 2021
How to apply:
1. Download and complete the application form
2. Return it via email to email@example.com
Top tips for filling in the application form:
- Research the employer offering the job. Find out what they do and what the job involves.
- Show the employer you understand their business by referring to them in your application, for example: "I am interested in developing skills in building maintenance and noticed you were successful in winning a large contract to maintain houses for a large housing association."
- Always read the job description for the job you are applying for before you start to complete the application form to make sure the information you include is relevant to the job.
- Before you start filling in your form, always check the instructions for filling in the application form.
- Make sure you take your time. Don’t rush as you may make mistakes!
- Prepare a draft of the application form before transferring the information to the actual form. If you’re filling it in by hand, make sure you don’t make mistakes on the original form for the employer.
- Make sure any writing is neat and easy to read, and check your spelling.
- Answer all questions and fill in all the boxes/spaces.
- If there are gaps in your employment history, say what you were doing during that time. If you've have never had a job, you could include examples such as voluntary work, or involvement with outside clubs or organisations.
- Make sure you sell your skills; this could also include things you have developed outside work such as interests and hobbies. This is an opportunity for you to promote yourself to the employer and is your opportunity to explain to the employer why they should employ you!
- Before you send off your application form, take a copy of your form, so you have this to look over if you get an interview.
- Ask a friend or relative to check your application form before you send it.
If you would like support completing your application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading 'Application Support’.