"Knowsley Art Glass Ltd is a family run business, established in 1980. As well as being Traditional Stained Glass Leaded-Light makers, we specialise in glass enamelling and the reproduction of Victorian Etched glass. All of our work is manufactured to the highest standards, using traditional methods only. We DO NOT use any types of acrylic colour or plastic films.
We have used our knowledge within this particular field to revive lost skills and developed our ideas bringing us to the forefront of designing and manufacturing decorative glass.
Although we are based in Knowsley we supply our products up and down the country, we are one of the leading stained glass and etched glass manufactures in the UK.
We have accomplished many glass creations over the years, our main field being restoration, the knowledge we have acquired for restoring etched and coloured glass is endless.Our specialist field is the reproduction of Victorian etched glass, our bespoke service allows us to copy any Victorian design and reproduce it using our own techniques."
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Must be able to complete an apprenticeship framework in Signage technician / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education over two years
- Maintain health and safety within the Glass Processing.
- Communicating and working with others in the glass and related working environments.
- Locate, handle and position products, materials or components in glass. example cut glass, shape glass, application of Artwork to glass, Use machines to process the glass (edge the glass) handle heavy woodworking machinery.
- Check the quality of products in glass processing
- Once quality of products are checked the glass will be packed into purpose made wooden boxes.
Key skills to be successful in your application:
- Qualifications required/predicted 3 GCSE’S Level C/4 AND ABOVE Must include English or Maths
- Good communication skills.
- Works well as part of a team and have the ability to manage and delegate to others and take on responsibility.
- Problem solving, you need to display an ability to take a logical approach to solving problems and resolving issues.
Location: Knowsley Art Glass Ltd Ellis Ashton St Huyton Business Park Liverpool L36 6BN
Contracted hours: 38 hours
Hourly rate of pay: National Minimum Wage
Closing date: 12 July 2021
How to apply:
1. Download and complete the application form
2. Return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Top tips for filling in the application form:
- Research the employer offering the job. Find out what they do and what the job involves.
- Show the employer you understand their business by referring to them in your application, for example: "I am interested in developing skills in building maintenance and noticed you were successful in winning a large contract to maintain houses for a large housing association"
- Always read the job description for the job you are applying for before you start to complete the application form to make sure the information you include is relevant to the job
- Before you start filling in your form always check the instructions for filling in the application form
- Make sure you take your time. Don’t rush as you may make mistakes!
- Prepare a draft of the application form before transferring the information to the actual form. If you’re filling it in by hand, make sure you don’ t make mistakes on the original form for the employer.
- Make sure any writing is neat and easy to read, and check your spelling
- Answer all questions and fill in all the boxes/ spaces
- If there are gaps in your employment history say what you were doing during that time. If you've have never had a job, you could include examples such as voluntary work, or involvement with outside clubs or organisations.
- Make sure you sell your skills; this could also include things you have developed outside work such as interests and hobbies. This is an opportunity for you to promote yourself to the employer and is your opportunity to explain to the employer why they should employ you!
- Before you send off your application form, take a copy of your form, so you have this to look over if you get an interview
- Ask a friend or relative to check your application form before you send it
If you would like support completing your application form please email email@example.com with the subject heading 'Application Support'