"Providing both domestic and international logistics, we work in partnership with clients to offer a range of cost-effective solutions that have been developed to meet the ever-changing demands of the industry.
Our investment in infrastructure, forward-looking approach and proven track record ensures our ability to handle import consignments, whatever their size – from full containers direct from port to distribution centres to individual items, delivered direct to your customer’s front door. Our export and cross-trades services, likewise, handle anything from small parcels through to major project forwarding.
Membership of the Fortec Distribution Network at our Ipswich, Liverpool and Norwich facilities enables us to provide economy, next day, AM and timed deliveries of palletised freight throughout the UK.
As an Authorised Economic Operator, (Full), authorities throughout the world recognise the integrity of our business and the security of our customer’s cargo whilst in our care.
Working as part of a team to respond to customer enquiries (whether new or existing) efficiently & professionally with appropriate & accurate information provided to ensure effective resolution for the customer and maximise profitability for the company."
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Must be able to complete an apprenticeship framework in Business Admin Level 3
- Dealing with all email and telephone enquiries coming into the team
- Ensuring resolution to queries and enquiries by interacting with other departments, team members, and/ or third parties to gather the required information and feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Using the company tariffs available, respond to customer quote enquiries accurately
- Accurate data entry into all relevant internal IT systems (e.g. consignment entry)
- Undertake daily operations administration to ensure the effective running of the department and to ensure all KPl's are achieved.
- Filing of relevant daily information, instructions and/ or documentation
- Ensuring all POD's are recorded as required
- Daily pricing of consignments and invoice preparation
- Accurate and timely creation of invoices for customers
- Proactively ensure that any discrepancies from the operations process are highlighted and actioned appropriately to ensure maximum profitability
- Ensuring customer bookings are being carried out to instruction by our partners
- Assist the wider team to ensure an effective service and operation
- Any other duties which might reasonably be requested in association with this role in order to meet the needs of the business.
Key skills to be successful in your application:
- Qualifications required/predicted G.C.S.E grade 4/C and above in Maths and English
- Strong customer service skills and proactive approach to problem solving
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Ability to work in a team and develop strong working relationships internally and externally
- Able to work to deadlines and meet the demands of the role
- Ability to multi-task with a calm and flexible approach
- Ability to effectively prioritise work and operate in an organised manor
- Enthusiasm to learn and to progress through experience and training
- Capable of operating with minimal supervision within broad guidelines
- Competence Professional
- Courtesy - Treat others the way you wish to be treated and with respect
- Integrity - Always be honest and do the right thing
- Quality - Doing the job well and always looking for ways to improve
- Pride -Taking pride in your daily work. Take pride in what you do.
Location: Knowsley Business Park
Contracted hours: To be confirmed
Hourly rate of pay: National Minimum Wage
Closing date: Friday 7 May 2021
How to apply:
1. Download and complete the application form
2. Return it via email to email@example.com
Top tips for filling in the application form:
- Research the employer offering the job. Find out what they do and what the job involves.
- Show the employer you understand their business by referring to them in your application, for example: "I am interested in developing skills in building maintenance and noticed you were successful in winning a large contract to maintain houses for a large housing association"
- Always read the job description for the job you are applying for before you start to complete the application form to make sure the information you include is relevant to the job
- Before you start filling in your form always check the instructions for filling in the application form
- Make sure you take your time. Don’t rush as you may make mistakes!
- Prepare a draft of the application form before transferring the information to the actual form. If you’re filling it in by hand, make sure you don’ t make mistakes on the original form for the employer.
- Make sure any writing is neat and easy to read, and check your spelling
- Answer all questions and fill in all the boxes/ spaces
- If there are gaps in your employment history say what you were doing during that time. If you've have never had a job, you could include examples such as voluntary work, or involvement with outside clubs or organisations.
- Make sure you sell your skills; this could also include things you have developed outside work such as interests and hobbies. This is an opportunity for you to promote yourself to the employer and is your opportunity to explain to the employer why they should employ you!
- Before you send off your application form, take a copy of your form, so you have this to look over if you get an interview
- Ask a friend or relative to check your application form before you send it
If you would like support completing your application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading 'Application Support'