"We are a family run business, based on Knowsley Industrial park, who manufacture heat treatment equipment and high velocity gas equipment. We have a worldwide customer base and pride ourselves on manufacturing quality products and delivering excellent customer service and sales support. Our products are used in the petrochemical industry, oil and gas, fabricating, shipbuilding and aerospace to name a few. We were established in 1977 by the Director, Frank Fisher, at his home address and since then we have grown dramatically in size to span over four workshops and employ in the region of 15 staff. The office is a busy environment in which no two days are ever the same and our workforce are hands on and adaptable to the needs of the company. We require a bright enthusiastic admin assistant who has a desire to work within our team carrying out a variety of admin duties for the accounts and sales team. This role would suit an applicant who is looking for a career in business and admin and full training will be given for this diverse role."
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Answering telephone calls and directing to appropriate area
- Scanning and filing of paperwork digitally and manually
- Data input on sage accounts
- Using websites to arrange carriage of goods with courier services.
- Assisting in the preparation for month end
- Assisting with simple sales enquiries by preparing quotations on sage accounts
Key skills to be successful in your application:
- Reliable and hardworking
- Positive attitude
- Pleasant and Confident telephone manner
- Comfortable dealing with international and multi-cultural customers
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to use a PC competently
Location: Knowsley Industrial Park North, L33 7SG
Contracted hours: 30 hours per week
Hourly rate of pay: National Minimum wage dependent on age of applicant, this can be reviewed for a more experienced applicant.
Closing date: Friday 7 May 2021
How to apply:
1. Download and complete the application form
2. Return it via email to email@example.com
Top tips for filling in the application form:
- Research the employer offering the job. Find out what they do and what the job involves.
- Show the employer you understand their business by referring to them in your application, for example: "I am interested in developing skills in building maintenance and noticed you were successful in winning a large contract to maintain houses for a large housing association"
- Always read the job description for the job you are applying for before you start to complete the application form to make sure the information you include is relevant to the job
- Before you start filling in your form always check the instructions for filling in the application form
- Make sure you take your time. Don’t rush as you may make mistakes!
- Prepare a draft of the application form before transferring the information to the actual form. If you’re filling it in by hand, make sure you don’ t make mistakes on the original form for the employer.
- Make sure any writing is neat and easy to read, and check your spelling
- Answer all questions and fill in all the boxes/ spaces
- If there are gaps in your employment history say what you were doing during that time. If you've have never had a job, you could include examples such as voluntary work, or involvement with outside clubs or organisations.
- Make sure you sell your skills; this could also include things you have developed outside work such as interests and hobbies. This is an opportunity for you to promote yourself to the employer and is your opportunity to explain to the employer why they should employ you!
- Before you send off your application form, take a copy of your form, so you have this to look over if you get an interview
- Ask a friend or relative to check your application form before you send it
If you would like support completing your application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading 'Application Support'