"At John Mason, we provide an efficient international removals service. We primarily handle international removals across a variety of countries, which means that you can be safe in the knowledge that your move is being handled by efficiently. Every year we ship household effects and furniture for thousands of people from the UK to destinations worldwide. Our international removals services are carried out by our overseas removals experts, that ensure your removals process is efficient and effective."
Key responsibilities for the role:
Working within our exports and imports team you will be working with the move manager to provide excellent customer service to our customers within the UK and overseas.
- General Administration.
- Ensure computer data is correct.
- Booking of containers for International Departments
- Arranging parking suspensions
- Liaising with shipping lines and agents
- To prepare quotations and communicate with partners from around the world.
- To maintain all files ensuring that all relevant paperwork and information is noted on the CRM system.
- Assist in the production of paperwork
- Making sure all company databases are up to date and accurate at all times.
- Additional administrative support to team members and senior management as and when required.
- To answer all incoming calls and take accurate written messages and pass to relevant person.
- Any other duties as may be requested by the company
Key skills to be successful in your application:
- Qualifications required/predicted ideally GSCE Grade 4/C or above or willing to work towards in Maths and English
- Confident telephone skills
- Team player
- Highly motivated
Location:This is an office based role in our office in Huyton, Liverpool. Our office is ‘Covid-19 Secure’ and provide employees with the option of weekly covid testing.
Contracted hours: Monday – Friday 9-5 / One week day to study
Hourly rate of pay: National Minimum Wage
Closing date: 12 July 2021
How to apply:
1. Download and complete the application form
2. Return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Top tips for filling in the application form:
- Research the employer offering the job. Find out what they do and what the job involves.
- Show the employer you understand their business by referring to them in your application, for example: "I am interested in developing skills in building maintenance and noticed you were successful in winning a large contract to maintain houses for a large housing association."
- Always read the job description for the job you are applying for before you start to complete the application form to make sure the information you include is relevant to the job.
- Before you start filling in your form, always check the instructions for filling in the application form.
- Make sure you take your time. Don’t rush as you may make mistakes!
- Prepare a draft of the application form before transferring the information to the actual form. If you’re filling it in by hand, make sure you don’t make mistakes on the original form for the employer.
- Make sure any writing is neat and easy to read, and check your spelling.
- Answer all questions and fill in all the boxes/spaces.
- If there are gaps in your employment history, say what you were doing during that time. If you've have never had a job, you could include examples such as voluntary work, or involvement with outside clubs or organisations.
- Make sure you sell your skills; this could also include things you have developed outside work such as interests and hobbies. This is an opportunity for you to promote yourself to the employer and is your opportunity to explain to the employer why they should employ you!
- Before you send off your application form, take a copy of your form, so you have this to look over if you get an interview.
- Ask a friend or relative to check your application form before you send it.
If you would like support completing your application form, please email email@example.com with the subject heading 'Application Support’.