Knowsley Council invites applications for the post of Assistant Executive Director (Children’s Social Care).
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic local authority with the successful candidate having specific responsibility for our ongoing commitment to Children’s Social Care through collaboration with Elected
Members, partner organisations, community groups and other key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will play a key role in providing strategic leadership to Children’s Social Care and the Council as a whole. Alongside a number of specific strategic/project priorities, the postholder will also provide direct support and strategic direction for the operational functions for Children’s Social Care including the Early
Help Service as well as providing management oversight to a team of Operational Heads of Service.
You will lead the Council’s services in relation to the following areas:
- Delivery of the Council’s Statutory Children’s Social Care services
- The cultural, workforce and other changes to secure the transformation of Children’s Services.
- Playing a key role in shaping the market for high quality Children’s Social Care Services.
You will be an outstanding leader with exceptional communication and engagement skills, along with a track record of improving and transforming children’s social care services at a senior level, including an ability to drive improvements in the quality of social work practice. You will need to be forward thinking, single minded, determined, and able to develop successful relationships with Elected Members, partner agencies and high performing teams. You will have significant experience of working directly with Elected Members and the diplomacy skills to maintain good working relationships at all levels.
Download the application form
Completed application forms must be uploaded to Penna by 5pm on 19th May 2021.
Interviews will take place in June.
If you have any questions or would like a confidential discussion with a Penna consultant, please contact:
Knowsley – Your opportunity to help us to make a difference
Located between the two thriving cities of Liverpool and Manchester, Knowsley is well located, fantastically connected and yet still beautifully green. A proud industrial heritage is complemented by consistent growth and opportunities in sectors including advanced manufacturing, warehousing and logistics and green energy. And with developments like Liverpool 2, SuperPort, Atlantic Gateway and the New Mersey Gateway, the opportunities for business are exceptional.
Knowsley is home to some of the most successful companies in the UK. High performing brands like Jaguar Land Rover, Matalan and QVC have all chosen Knowsley, due in no small part to its unrivalled location, connectivity and great workforce.
Visit Discover Knowsley
Knowsley is a surprising place, with many untold success stories and lots to offer.
Knowsley is currently undergoing an economic resurgence, being ideally placed to benefit from the economic opportunities offered by the Liverpool City Region and the Northern Powerhouse. With around 3,900 businesses employing 64,000 people, the Borough makes a significant contribution to the City Region’s economic growth ambitions through key growth sectors such as Freight and Logistics and Advanced Manufacturing.
The current population is 147,000 and there are more than 61,000 households in the Borough and this is expected to grow with a target of an additional 6,300 new homes to be delivered between now and 2028.
The pace of change and achievement has been fundamental at Knowsley Council, particularly over the last two years. We have delivered our Corporate Plan ahead of schedule (a five year plan delivered in two years), transformed Children’s Services with Ofsted commenting that ‘significant improvements have been made’, delivered improvements around Adult Social Care, attracted major investment into the Borough (creating more jobs in the local area), secured initiatives and developments that will grow and sustain the Borough, as well as agreeing a three year budget plan to provide financial stability.
We are focusing on five priorities from the Council’s Corporate Plan:-
- Maximise the Council’s contribution to education in Knowsley;
- Maximise the Council’s contribution to the health and wellbeing of Knowsley residents;
- Provide high quality and sustainable Adult Social Care;
- Accelerate business growth, new jobs and new housing; and,
- Create a sustainable Borough.
Alongside its existing priorities, Knowsley Council’s Corporate Plan 2020/21 has been revised to include the need to respond to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic:-
- Effective Outbreak Management;
- Returning to a ‘new normal’;
- Responding to the changing needs of local residents and communities;
- Responding to the changing needs of local businesses and economy; and
- Financial sustainability of the council.
This will be complemented by the Knowsley 2030 strategy and the Council’s work with strategic partners to develop and implement the Knowsley Better Together COVID Recovery Plan. The plan and the strategy are underpinned by five strategic outcomes which set out that, by 2030, Knowsley will be a place:
- where strong and safe communities can shape their future
- where people are active and healthy, and have access to the support they need
- where people of all ages are confident and can achieve their full potential
- with a thriving, inclusive economy with opportunities for people and business
- with welcoming, vibrant, well-connected neighbourhoods and town centres
If you have a track record of delivery and want to work in a dynamic and driven environment that provides significant opportunities for you to shape a place for future generations then we would like to hear from you.