"Formed over 90 years ago, J J Smith are now recognised as one of the premier suppliers of new and used woodworking machinery in the UK.
We are a 4th generation family owned and managed company. We offer a huge range of new and used equipment from standard entry level classical machines to the latest "state of the art" touch screen CNC controlled window lines, and 5 axis machining centres."
Key responsibilities for the role:
Working alongside qualified staff you will learn Engineering Maintenance, Fault find and repair. Working under supervision you will work towards being responsible for a range of tasks.
- Carrying out checks and maintenance
- Be reactive to and carry out repair on breakdown
- Electrical maintenance, wiring,
- Monitor and interpret data to support efficiency of machinery
- Fault diagnosis and repair on engineering systems & equipment
- Conduct servicing of equipment including repair & replacement
- Regular offsite work with field engineers.
Key skills to be successful in your application:
- GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
- GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
- GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
- Plus an additional 2 technical subjects.
Location: Moorgate Point, Moorgate Road, L33 7DR
Contracted Hours: 40 hours per week
Hourly rate of pay: National Minimum wage for age
Closing date: 15 July 2022
How to apply