"Tilly Hire is a small Commercial Vehicle Hire company 110+ vans and trucks. Now is an exciting time to enter the Transport Industry. We operate a fleet of Euro6 diesels, but technologies are changing, and we have already grasped the electric dimension and we are investigating Hydrogen and other fuels. The successful applicant would be introduced to a wide range of vehicles and as our workshop is inhouse, he/she would undertake a wider range of tasks, than main dealer operations.
TILLY is a small but growing business. We would give the successful applicant a wide based skill range. The apprentice will progress to be a fully qualified mechanic/technician. Hopefully once qualified the young person would stay with us as we develop our business, our existing workforce are in their 50s."
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Must be able to complete an apprenticeship framework in Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Daily work revolves around Periodic Maintenance Inspections which are carried out 6 weekly on HGVs. This checks the roadworthiness of the truck, Apprentice would assist with these, from that a list of the day’s tasks are assigned
- As well as mechanical and electrical work, faults often found using the Eclipse JAL test equipment, there are body repairs, brake renewal as well as sundry associated tasks. Servicing and MOT preparation work is always going ongoing. Everyday should be different, and the apprentice would assist in all tasks.
Key skills to be successful in your application are:
- Qualifications required/predicted A good standard of Maths, English and IT.
- An inclination towards a hands-on occupation.
- A person who prefers working in a small group which they are an important member of. In time we would want someone who can work on their own and use their own initiative.
- We want someone who wants a variety of tasks not the same repetitive job. We don’t know what each day will bring.
Contracted hours: 37.5 hours per week
Hourly rate of pay: National Minimum wage for age
Closing Date: 15 July 2022
How to apply